Posted to alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Useless things found on ebay number 437

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 20:47:11 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0bxfsqknwdg98l@glass...
On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 15:40:20 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Hang on, an Amazon Echo? Like the Alexa

Yep.

that spies on you?

Nope, just listens to you questions or commands
which have Alexa in front of them

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-g...eir-knowledge/

"Amazon employs thousands of people around the world to listen to and
transcribe recordings made by Alexa-enabled device users."

Thats just listening to the actual alexa command itself,
not everything. And they dont sell that to the govt.

They do that to check how well alexa is interpreting
the commands and questions.

If they can listen to the command, they can listen to everything.

No they cant, the recognition of the word alexa is done by the
device, its never going to be feasible to stream all the audio
world wide full time. And the device turns on its light when
it is streaming the audio to the command interpreter so you
can check when its streaming back to amazon.

And you believe that light? It would be pretty easy for it to stream randomly at other times. No audio at all should ever be sent to Amazon. It should be to the internal processor only, to recognise the words and interpret them.

Why do you trust them?

Nothing that happens in my house is of any risk to me even
if someone is actually stupid enough to listen to it all.

Same with all my phone calls and all my other
electronic communication and all my purchases;

If I ever do murder anyone I know how to keep that secret.

I already do that with my torrenting.

Most people don't want private conversations overheard.