Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 12:18:30 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at 2:34:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 12:12:54 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

On 11/27/2019 6:37 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 8:18:51 PM UTC-5, wrote:

30 MPG cars are here because oil isn't $2 a barrel anymore, Let the
market work.

I'm on board with that. Let the market actually work, and stop subsidizing
fossil fuels.

Cindy Hamilton

Are you nuts? We do not subsidize fossil fuels. We do subsidize the
green crap like solar and battery operated cars.

She is saying we subsidize oil because we fight wars in the middle
east but if that was true, why aren't we also fighting wars in the
other places where oil comes from?
Dare I mention that other entity that is in the middle east with a
huge (AI)PAC in Washington.

I was talking about the tax code and grants for R&D in that industry.

Cindy Hamilton

OK I assume someone thinks it is valuable up there in DC.
I know a lot of the tax breaks went away a while ago (86?)
Capital investment always gets a tax break, no matter what industry it
is so some of that is just because they do business here.
Who is getting these grants. Exxon or some university?
To be honest I have given up on where all the corporate welfare is
going, no matter who is getting it. I understand million dollar
lobbyists talk and everyone else walks.

I still doubt oil prices would change much and they would still be
pumping all they can sell if all of the welfare went away. Gas might
just cost a few extra cents a gallon and airplane tickets would cost
more. It still would not be enough to get me to ride a bike to LA or
turn off my air conditioner in July.