Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Java Jive[_2_] Java Jive[_2_] is offline

Default LED house number

On 27/11/2019 16:20, Andrew wrote:
On 27/11/2019 14:53, Java Jive wrote:
On 27/11/2019 14:23, Andrew wrote:

On 27/11/2019 13:55, Java Jive wrote:

On 27/11/2019 13:43, Andrew wrote:

On 27/11/2019 13:31, Java Jive wrote:

Isn't throwing litter a crime?

Not on someone elses private property, as many farmers have discovered
to their cost when fly tippers have left the farmer with a huge
cleanup
bill.

Then that's trespass, which I believe is a crime in England, but not
in Scotland unless damage is caused, which, under the scenario under
discussion, it would be?

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...-nuisance-land

Indeed, but the problem is catching them, even if they can be
identified. In rural areas this doesn't seem to be a very high
priority for overstretched plod.

Having a 8-wheeler full of asbestos roofing dumped in a remote
field is not much fun for the landowner.

F*king *******s!Â* We even get that sort of thing around here, I've
seen a load of stuff dumped in a laybyÂ* -Â* dead tv, old tyres, etc.
This less than five miles away from the local tip where the same could
have been dumped for free.

But, actually, almost a worse problem are some of the farmers
themselves Â*Â*-Â* derelict farm buildings, old tractors, rolls of old
fencing, etc just left to rot.Â* In an environment like that, it's
almost not surprising that people add their own fly-tipping to the mix.

Then there are the drivers who just throw things out of their vehicle
windows, such as in Bill's case.Â* I walk local roads regularly, and
every time, summer or winter (so mostly it's not tourists) I see new
items appear on the verge every few hundred yardsÂ* -Â* cans, plastic
bottles, plastic bags, sometimes even nappies and sanitary items.

I confess it's something that really, really angers me.

The nappies etc probably are tourists, or indeed anyone with kids.

Those might have been tourists, but in general the rate of accumulation
builds up equally in summer and in winter, so most of the stuff thrown
onto the verges is not from tourists, but local people driving out into
Sutherland to and from work - delivery van drivers, builders, etc.

You should visit some of the laybys on the A34. TO save money on proper
overnight truck stops, a lot of drivers overnight here and then take a
dump on the grass behind the layby and leave their 2-litre coke bottles
full of **** for the highways agency to clean up. The smell is
horrendous in hot weather.

Ugh! Reminds me rather of this:

Costing the Earth - Litter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0742d31

There's an interview in it with an American-born, I think, resident in
the UK who was so appalled at the litter on the roadside around his area
that he started picking it up. He found that where people had eaten a
take-away such as fish'n'chips, they'd then crapped into the polystyrene
container and chucked it out of the window.