Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Generac Generator Experience?

trader_4 writes:
On Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at 5:20:57 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I am not so familiar with generac generator but I do have a Solar Generator. Looking forward to see what others would recommend.
https://www.portablegenerator.co/best-solar-generator/

And what good does a portable solar generator do you when it's night,
20F outside and you need to run the furnace, hot water, etc? Or
you need it at a job and it's cloudy? WTF?

There is a perfectly viable generator in every driveway, sufficient
at least to run a fridge every couple of hours, and you can listen
to the radio as the same time. Might even be sufficient to run the
air handler in a gas furnace, depending on furnace size.

Get a quality 1000W 12 volt inverter and use your car/truck as an emergency
generator. Large, mobile tank of fuel, far more fuel efficient than
typical portable generators. Useful in an emergency, and relatively
inexpensive.