Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at 11:31:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:

But sadly this has just become political,.....

Yes, it has become political because the proposed solution is more government and more taxes.

That's true of parts of the solution, but not all of it. Yet I see
people here just denying anthropogenic warming and others opposing
any steps to reduce it, even eschewing LED lights.

THAT is why it is political.

Nobody is opposed to scientific research and development of alternative sources of energy.

That certainly isn't true of much of what I hear from the global warming
deniers. They vilify the researchers, claim they are all no good lefties.
It's a trend that greatly accelerated with the arrival of the despicable
Trump. That's his method and the method of despots the world over.
Vilify and dehumanize those that don't agree with you, that challenge you in
any way.

Nobody is opposed to planting more trees and conservation of resources.

That alone is nowhere near sufficient.

But as they learned in France, plenty of people are opposed to more taxes.

Mark

There is no tax on the table, hasn't been any serious proposal that had
any chance of passing here. Yet Trump impulsively withdrew the US from
working with the world to reduce CO2. I'm sure he gave that decision
as much vetting and due consideration as he did when he hired Manafort,
Cohen, Gates, or when he killed the Kurds with one phone call. The US/Trump
position isn't that we need to do X, Y, and Z to reduce the rise in
CO2, that is what we are willing to do. It's we deny that it matters,
screw you all, let's burn more coal.