Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generac Generator Experience?

On 11/27/2019 9:51 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at 5:20:57 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I am not so familiar with generac generator but I do have a Solar Generator. Looking forward to see what others would recommend.
https://www.portablegenerator.co/best-solar-generator/

And what good does a portable solar generator do you when it's night,
20F outside and you need to run the furnace, hot water, etc? Or
you need it at a job and it's cloudy? WTF?

Simple. You go into cave man mode. At night you sleep. If cold, build
a fire in the cave/living room.

Seems they would have very limited use. The battery could keep a light
going and could charge a phone or your computer for a while. The puny
output won't run your heating system or refrigerator.

Even camping, do you want to lug that extra weight just for a phone
charge?