Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tlwolf.x@gmail.com is offline

Default Most reliable AA Alkaline

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 at 9:31:03 AM UTC-4, Mr.E wrote:
This morning I noticed the remote temperature sensor on my LaCrosse
station was offline. Pulled sensor and opened battery case. Some
corrosion from Duracell batteries marked MAR2017. One cell leaking.
Replaced them after a vinegar cleanup, CRC 2-26 spray and vaseline
wipedown.
Went to wall station to remove batteries for reset. SEVERE corrosion
from the same type Duracell MAR2017 cells in it with both cells
leaking!
Both devices had batteries put in last summer.
Used same cleanup and new batteries. All working but I am seriously in
doubt of what brand to use for future replacements. Rayovac has leaked
on other flashlights etc. so I am trying the 10 year Energizer Max
cells. I used SANYO cells for a long time (with no problems) but can
not find them now. Any recommendations or gotchas appreciated.
--
Mr.E

I have had this problem with DuraCell as well. About 10% leak and screw up the device. Looking for a better brand