Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Low light CCTV?

On Saturday, 23 November 2019 14:43:39 UTC, alan_m wrote:
On 21/11/2019 12:13, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 November 2019 18:33:38 UTC, alan_m wrote:
On 20/11/2019 17:54, Andrew May wrote:

You could try one of these:

https://petapixel.com/2016/03/22/clo...s-iso-4500000/

Few, large surface area pixels. Not something that could fit in a
mobile phone

It's not for a mobile phone it's to help T i m get the CCTV night vision system he wants. I assume he has soem sort of spending limit or budget and at a guess I;m betting that the above camera (he may require more than one too) might exceed this.

Mine was more of a comment about modern mobile phones being capable in
low light conditions.

Yes they are and modern camera can also good zooms and closeup facilities.

But DLSRs and smartphones aren't used as CCTV.

The individual pixel area in these cameras is
possibly 100x more than that in a phone camera yet Canon have to go to
this extreme to produce a quality image via candlelight.

Yes so.
Find a CCTV system that makes use of iphones or pixels or any other smartphone or DLSR or any camera how about those go-pros set up a CCTV system with those.
Or invent one yourself.