Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bje@ripco.com is offline

Default LCD Backlight question (Samsung)

wrote:
Have you done anything with the settings? Most TVs come from the factory
on "display mode" with all settings at maximum. Which, of course would max
out the power-supply.

Hmmm, I dunno about this, it's one thing to max out a power supply and
another to cause parts to smoke and burn. Me thinks Samsung would have a few
lawsuits to deal with just because someone enjoyed "vivid".

The set has had a hard life and there is really no tears here. Like I
mentioned, it's been in use for the past 10+ years, usually on for 12-15
hours a day (usually background noise).

The only reason it's not in the trash yet is 1) it's a native 1080p in a
small package (25") which doesn't seem to be made anymore and 2) it has just
about any video input you need, hdmi, dvi, vga, component and composite.

The sad part about all of this is I replaced it with a 32" Sanyo that
Microcenter was blowing out for $49.95, less than the parts I spent trying
to fix the Samsung.

-bruce