Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Leaking H/W pressure release valve

On 24/11/2019 10:32, Lee Nowell wrote:

Some people seem to say to just check them
and if low too them up (not sure to what) with a tyre inflator
(presume the little compressor thing I use to pump tyres up).

Yes. If they have not failed. If when you try and deflate them WATER
instead of air comes out, they have failed.

Pump up to usially a couple of bar - 28 pisi or thereabouts

+1

This is worth a try since it would be what any half decent plumber would
try first. They do gradually lose capacity over time and pumping them up
will get you another 5 years or so provided it hasn't actually popped.

Others
say this is very dangerous.

The world ois full of ignoirant snowflakes

Unfortunately you do get people who take chunks out of their hot CH
system without switching off the boiler or draining it down first.

A charity shop I help out was on the receiving end of a shower outlet
that came through the ceiling because the muppet that installed it did
not connect up the drain properly. It was amazing how destructive
falling plaster can be!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown