Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The disability industry

Yes an ultrasound device used by one of our local clinics, is very good
according to those who should know, but every one I've seen is plugged into
a windows xp machine. I became curious and was told that the makers would
not support the product any more with drivers for newer versions of windows,
instead wanting the health industry to purchase completely new kit. It
appears, and I only have the folks word for this, that the new kit does no
more than the old one, so why should they have to buy it again?
New lamps for old anyone?
No I cannot recall the name of the product at this time.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 06:58:42 -0800, spuorgelgoog wrote:

"The disabled" and "the elderly" are usually regarded as being clueless
and will spend money on anything advertised by a nice man wearing a
cardigan [1], and anything non-core-activity that's bought by companies
is fair game. Manufacturers who calculate the cost of a product down to
0.001 penny will pay for lightbulbs at £30 a pop to "facilities
management".

There's also the fact that a lot of provisioning authorities seem quite
happy to pay whatever is asked.