Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The disability industry

Yes I have a few apps for my Iphone. Voice Dream Scanner just six quid, is
an amazing OCR device that converts any printed document to text almost
immediately and does this on the phone without needing to send personal data
to a server somewhere.
Previous to this there was a free one not as good, called Seeing AI from
Microsoft, but it was in fact sending your documents to Microsoft for
processing. This has security implications as well as a delay, and frankly
its nowhere near as accurate, but then if something is free you get what you
pay for.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
We attended a "Vision fair" a few years ago. Most stalls were trying to
flog stripped down android handsets with a stand as "readers" for £300-
£400.

Wasn't there a company a while back that was flogging some device to help
communication which was effectively a single purpose iPad for $4,000. I
only know when they sued (or tried to, I think Apple stepped in) a gut
who wrote an app for an iPad (for his kid) that did the same thing for
free ?