Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default How long does shingle roof last?

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 21:55:02 -0500, micky
wrote:

If one gets a new asphalt? shingle roof with 20-year Monsanto? shingles,
how long should it last? 20 years?

13 if you are REALLY lucky. More likely 8 to 10

Mine is only 13 years old and has a small leak already. I can't see the
back half of the roof from the ground, but the leak is in the middle,
not by the chimney flashing.

I watched them put it on and they did a good job. They used famous name
shingles, though I can't remember if it was Monsanto, 3M maybe.

Most are TERRIBLE unless you buy the ultra premium shingles.
NorthGate by Certainteed are good shingles that WILL last over 25
years.