Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Earth Bonding

On 25/11/2019 15:03, Andy Burns wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:

As nobody has commented on the Live and Neutral readings can I assume
they are OK?

Well, (0.8 ohms)/(0.0075 ohms/metre) implies you're pretty well at the
recommended max cable length (or have more loose terminals)

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Ring_circuit#Maximum_cable_lengths

But that is copied and pasted from the OSG:-) 106m max for a 2.5mm T&E
ring with a 32A B type MCB is given as 106m and the limit is for voltage
drop.

0.8 ohms end to end for LL and NN would not bother me in most cases for
a RCD protected ring circuit. Especially when the kitchen is on it's a
separate ring and the oven and hob are on their own radials.

--
Adam