Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Earth Bonding

As nobody has commented on the Live and Neutral readings can I assume they are OK? As far as the CPC reading is concerned at this moment in time how critical is it and would it fail inspection? I intend to investigate it but access to many sockets is obstructed with having to move furniture around during the improvements. There could be other problems too, namely underfloor junction boxes. I have put three in, two to extend the ring main and one to provide a spur. I know where these are and can easily access them but when the previous owners had the conservatory built the three sockets and two spurs were wired into the existing ring main and I have seen some connections made with junction boxes which are not very accessible and somehow left a whole bunch of cables under the floor which do not appear connected to anything and according to my stick voltage/current tester have no current?

Richard