Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Carl is offline

Default cyclones

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message ...
On 11/22/2019 6:53 PM, Clifford Heath wrote:
On 23/11/19 12:23 pm, wrote:
On Friday, November 22, 2019 at 4:31:40 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 11/21/2019 5:13 PM,
wrote:
Anyway found that one can buy the cyclone bit on AliExpress or
Ebay
Mind posting a link. I recently unplugged the heavy duty hose on my

... Been thinking about making Thein seperator, but... well... time.

No problem. The one I bought was $ 18.01 from Magicalcarworldstore.
If anyone knows how to post a URL directly , please post it.

I always filter by "Orders" because often the lowest price is a store

that has not a single sale of this product, or has a visibly inferior
version that people don't choose, or some other reason to avoid them.

Always cut off the URL at the ? for AliExpress.

Here are a couple of links, slightly different products:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32942971357.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32833255347.html

Clifford Heath.

Found a few on Fleabay with "US STOCK" for a few dollars more and free
shipping. I went ahead and ordered two different ones to play with. If I
can use something like a 45 gallon Brute trash can or even a 55 gallon
barrel that would be great. If they don't work that well they still didn't
cost much.

You have probably already had a look on youtube but if not there are a bunch
of construction videos on how to put together a dust collector with various
shop vacs or bigger blowers, with homemade cyclones or the commercial ones.
If you want a small, portable unit you could adapt this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KQ_p8IDAg, or the one he based his on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyBuRjO54NM. They used 5 gallon buckets to
hold the dust/wood shavings, not 45 gallon, but I think they are pretty
clever and simple to build so you might get a useful idea or two.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames