jeffc

Default can I apply exterior semi gloss directly over flat exterior paint?

"NorMinn" wrote in message

I have never understood this advice. Just use the exact same color.

Tint the primer so if coverage is not totally opaque there is less
contrast with the top coat. Primer can't be tinted as much as cover
coats or it reduces the primer adhesion/sealing qualities, according to
my favorite paint store salesman.

Well I suppose if you're painting your walls red, it might be a problem.
Otherwise, just use the exact same good quality paint you're going to use
anyway (unless you need stain blocking or something, of course.)