Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default inductive?

On 24/11/2019 09:27, Andy Burns wrote:
Woody wrote:

Bill Wright wrote:

I want to put some LED lights on my sliding gate.

Magnetic switch if close enough, or some form of proximity sensor if
farther away?

That seems to completely avoid the question of how the power jumps
over to the gate ...

Mmm.

Thet set me thinking alomgh te lones of a pair of contacts that are
m,ade when the gate is fully (open? closed?) that charge a BATTERY on
the gaste that powers the lights.

I'd like to do it that way but it would be hard (for me) to make
something that would do it, and would withstand all weathers.

I could use ground return of course. The gate wheels are steel, not plastic.

Hmm...

Bill