Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default inductive?

On 24/11/2019 08:47, Woody wrote:
On Sun 24/11/2019 04:18, Bill Wright wrote:
I want to put some LED lights on my sliding gate. I wondered if I
could power them inductively, with a power 'transmitter' fixed to the
gatepost and a power 'receiver' on the gate, positioned so when the
gate's shut they are close together and the LEDs come on. The power
requirement of the lights is 24W at 12VDC. The positional accuracy of
the gate is good.

Magnetic switch if close enough, or some form of proximity sensor if
farther away? Look at burglar alarm kit - plenty of that sort of thing.
You might need to incorporate a small relay or transistor switch to
handle the current though.

How would the LEDs be powered?

Bill