Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Leaking H/W pressure release valve

On 24/11/2019 12:56, Lee Nowell wrote:
Couple of follow up questions 1. The valve has an adjuster on it. If
I turn it up I assume I will get greater water pressure in the house
(assuming it is limiting it)? The showers a ok but could be better -
I had always assumed it was the inbound pressure being the issue. 2.
I have recently had problems with an existing thermostatic shower
where the hot seems to have "suddenly" over take the cold pressure
and it is not getting much colder when you turn it down. Similarly,
as new one I fitted a few weeks ago had the opposite problem where
the cold was overtaking the hot and I had to adjust (a lot) the cold
flow at the shower to make it work. Wonder if these are symptoms
relating to the current issue discussed above?

If its a thermostatic shower it should be insensitive to input pressures
largely

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.