Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default radio

In article ,
says...
They couldn't have sold ATSC to the public if cable/satellite wasn't
so pervasive. I am really determined to get this OTA thing working
because I really only need it for the local channels and PBS. The sub
channels with all of the old shows on them is just a bonus. Other than
that we stream. Right now the only bad channel is CBS. I may be able
to play with the aiming a little and get that. We really only have 2
towers here and they are both in the same basic direction. I tuned
this for the one with PBS that gets me NBC, ABC (the same company) and
Fox. I haven't looked at antenna web but I bet CBS is on the other
tower. They are doing a channel shuffle here as we speak so I am
waiting until the dust settle before I get to serious about it. I do
have an amp I can throw at it as soon as I feel like dragging out the
ladder.

I live about 40 miles from two major transmitting areas. One is just
about opposit of the other. Hooked to my ham antenna that is tuned for
about 445 HHz and is up about 70 feet on a tower I get around 43
chanels. I know some of them are really 3 or so from the same
transmitter. They have lots of stuff that is not on my Direct tV or
could even be had on DTV if I had their largest package.
They have lots of old shows and movies on them.