Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Low light CCTV?

On 21/11/2019 12:13, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 November 2019 18:33:38 UTC, alan_m wrote:
On 20/11/2019 17:54, Andrew May wrote:

You could try one of these:

https://petapixel.com/2016/03/22/clo...s-iso-4500000/

Few, large surface area pixels. Not something that could fit in a
mobile phone

It's not for a mobile phone it's to help T i m get the CCTV night vision system he wants. I assume he has soem sort of spending limit or budget and at a guess I;m betting that the above camera (he may require more than one too) might exceed this.

Mine was more of a comment about modern mobile phones being capable in
low light conditions. The individual pixel area in these cameras is
possibly 100x more than that in a phone camera yet Canon have to go to
this extreme to produce a quality image via candlelight.