Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default key safe recommendation

alan_m wrote:

On 22/11/2019 12:07, wrote:
On Friday, 22 November 2019 11:53:57 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
I guess we'll just have to wait for finger print access to such things,
should be too long, suprised I haven't seen such a thing on dragons den.

I believe that fingerprint readers can be fooled with either a latex
impression or a dead finger.

Owain

More likely in real life a dirty/greasy finger leaving a print on the
sensor.

According to my Motorola phone handbook their fingerpring sensors use
the (IR?) pattern of subcutneous capillary blood vessels rather than the
actual fingerprints, which would be hard to duplicate without the
correct, living finger.

--

Roger Hayter