Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Earth Bonding

On 22/11/2019 12:02, wrote:
On Thursday, 21 November 2019 22:58:44 UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Alternatively could I feed a single 16mm2 cable out of the CU to an
external earth terminal strip and connect the three bonds to it?

I don't think so, as that would mean that the Main Earth Terminal would be inside the CU and the gas and water bonds would be jointed at the external strip which isn't allowed.

If you connect the main earth bond to the terminal strip, then the gas/water and the CU to the strip, the strip becomes the MET and the gas/water bonds are unbroken and that would be compliant.

FWIW I took the OP to mean an external MET from which from which only
the /one/ 16mm2 cable would go into the CU - which I thought was a (if
not the) bog standard installation - c.f.

https://www.voltimum.co.uk/articles/...vely-connected

--
Robin