Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Kind of a generic electrolytic cap question

On Friday, November 22, 2019 at 6:29:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, 21 November 2019 21:53:26 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/21/19 2:14 PM, tabbypurr wrote:

I'm interested to hear how you remove caps from paper
based boards with zero board damage rate. Early paper
PCBs are somewhat notorious for tracks coming off when
heated.

If you lack the skills to do this, you're a hack.
It's that simple.
I've been doing this for 50 years now.
I don't lift traces, or break off terminals unsoldering
things.

lol. You can't help yourself can you. I didn't even mention what I do or can do.

Sure you did. You asked *me* "...how you (meaning me) remove caps from paper based boards with zero board damage rate."

This indicates you can't.