Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Low light CCTV?

On 21/11/2019 16:22, T i m wrote:

That picture was taken from just such a camera, and it wasn't set
at anything like the lowest light level.

So, if you set it to a sensitivity where it wouldn't smear with (say)
someone walking across the scene, would it be any more sensitive than
a cheaper camera with an inferior light level spec would you think?

I'd guess so. Of course you can use a wide aperture lens with these
cameras if you like. However I think they are discontinued! The last one
I bought had an integral lens. The low light performance seemed just as
good though.

Bill