Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Daylight' LED lights

You may actually find one in the ones you have that is less blue. Apparently
these cheap ones can be very variable. I agree some glass stain paint as
used by theatrical folk to colour things could be an answer but it would
probably be less efficient and might look a bit streaky!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Martin Brown" wrote in message
On 21/11/2019 15:08, R D S wrote:
On 21/11/2019 14:56, Max Demian wrote:

What was the specified colour temperature? (6000 K is like sunlight.)
Note that they can't simulate sunlight exactly as that requires a more
or less continuous spectrum through the visible range. LEDs tend to have
a lumpy spectrum that lacks the violet.

The specified temp was 6000-6500k.
I should have bought just the one for testing, but they were almost half
price bought in a pack of 10, I wondered how much it would matter but
they are bloody awful.

I have a panel in the kitchen at home which switches between 3
temperatures. One end is yellow, the other looks like an operating
theatre but the inbetween one is great.

You could probably find a pale orange glass paint to tone them down a bit.
Basically 6000K looks blue when compared to ordinary incandescents.

I prefer warm myself as it mimics conventional incandescent bulbs.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown