Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New electrical circuit - requesting assistance

On 11/20/2019 4:48 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 16:44:18 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 19 Nov 2019 21:33:23 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm planning to run a new electrical circuit out to a storage shed in my
back yard and I'd like some help with the details. I'm the homeowner and
I'll be doing most of the work myself, but I want it to be safe and up to
code.

If I were putting in electric, I'd also run cat6 internet, coax for tv,
and phone line if I had a home phone and the cordless reception in the
shed wasn't good. Even if I didnt' connect some of it at either end,
I'd have it for the future. Cable internet is more reliable than
wifi, and wifi has distance limitations. Phone line is so cheap I'd
run it anyhow in case the next owner wanted it.

I'd probably run speaker wires too, so I could listen to the same thing
in the house and the shed without turning on two devices, but I suppose
most people don't care about that anymore.

And maybe a speaking tube so you could call back to your house, and a
pneumatic tube so you could send papers back and forth. ;-)

What about some kind of smart device that the wife can turn on from the
kitchen to let me know that dinner's ready? :-)

Easy to do with Smart Plugs or X10 devices. I had a wireless intercom
in a detached garage as well as a light on and X10 plug. .