Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Low light CCTV?

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 20 November 2019 15:46:04 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

Didnt you watch that link that compared the 3 latest top
of the range smartphones ?

Smartphones use all sorts of tricks and amplifications,

What I said originally, not artificial light.

yes they amplify the light that is there in the scene.

mostly HDR for such things,

That mangles the real story utterly with the latest top end smartphones.

No it doesn;lt simialr technigue of multi exposure.

but this is all software driven by the phones I doubt
you can install the software needed for the iphone
or google pixel on to a CCTV camera.

So you use the smartphone as the cctv camera, stupid.

Sure why not, spend a grand on a camera for CCTV.
Most would need 2-4 , thenn you'd have to make them water proof

Nope, they mostly are now.

and not be too worried about them getting nicked.

True of any camera.

Sure tape the phone to a pole in the
ground and use that as CCTV then.

Dont meed tape, there are smartphone holders/mounts
and some of them even have standard camera mount
screw sockets etc.

Yes I have one for mounting on a tripod but I
wouldn't leave that out in the garen on the front.

Doesnt have to be out in the garden and
trivial to make it impractical to steal.