Edwin Pawlowski

Default Building a pole barn shop

"Don" wrote in message
m...
I am wanting to build an extra garage because mine is full. I am
thinking of building a pole barn type with 2 garage doors. Probably
30x30.

I have been fighting with the idea of building it myself. I have a
tractor with a bucket available to me as well as an auger for the
tractor.

Any advice? How far are posts, trusses spaced? How do I ensure the
building is square?

Considering how basic your questions are, I'd recommend buying a book on the
subject. If you think it is more than you can handle, consider having the
basic structure framed and then finishing it yourself.

Other alternatives are pre-fab kits, or hire a group of Amish farmers to
come in and do it.
Ed