Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default Don't worry Ghislaine Maxwell

In article ,
GB wrote:
In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:
Then you seem to associate 'young girls' with 'paedophile' activity with
no clarification. Is a 17-year old 'a young girl'? And is anyone who
has sex with a 17-year old girl 'a paedophile'?

At one time, it meant 'fancying' pre pubescent boys or girls. Now used for
anyone who has sex with one under the age of consent in any particular
country.

I hate to find myself more or less on the same side as our Norm, but
it's clearly pretty daft to lump those fancying 17 year olds in with the
dreadful folk who fancy the very young.

If the term paedophile has changed its meaning like that, then it's no
longer a useful term.

Yup. I'm not defending any such behavour. Just the way the word is now
used to include what many would consider young adults. Not children.

--
*A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.