Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New electrical circuit - requesting assistance

On 11/20/2019 11:31 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 15:45:48 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:

You might as well put in a red wire and make it a 240 volt circuit.
When going to the expense and trouble of running 120 feet underground
you may be glad you did at a later date.

+1 YEP now is the time to look ahead.

Phone wire?
Coax cable?
Ethernet cable?

Do not run any of those in the same raceway/conduit that
has power conductors. Run a parallel conduit.

I won't be running any of those particular cables since we won't be living
out there. My wife will occasionally be potting her plants, or transferring
them to bigger pots, so I've built her a 10ft workbench along the windowed
wall. She plays music and podcasts on her cell phone, so having a
radio/stereo is a luxury that might not even get used.

We've had back yard storage sheds at some of our previous houses and never
had power run to any of them. There were times when it would have been
nice, but frankly I'm wondering why I'm even doing it at all.

At some point you will be glad you did. Do something at night, run a
space heater, run a tool. You may want to consider putting a security
light on it facing the house. Motion sensor or remote switching would
be nice to have.