Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Low light CCTV?

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 19 November 2019 17:37:48 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 19 November 2019 09:18:28 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 22:52:21 +0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

snip

I have a starlight camera and yes they blur on moving objects.

Thanks.

It doesn't use long shutter times but integrates many frames (512
max
think).

Sure ... but that worked as a practical overview of *why* it
happens.
;-)

It's because there's little or no light.

I don't use it as a security cam.

Ok.

The PIR light is probably the best if the camera can switch to
daytime
colour fast enough.

... depending on how long the subject is there to view or how much
footage (can I say that or should I say 'megabytes of video data'
g)
you have captured to review?

and the sensor isnl;t sensitive enough to 'see' the light.

I would like a Starlight camera to play with but not sure if there
any
VFM models worth having (I believe my recorder (Alien MEGAHero)
supports 1080p FWIW).

Cheers, T i m

Star light camera to me, means the 'camera' has to have an image
intensifier attached to it, these can be expensive, the sort of
thing
you'll get in military binocluars and gun sights.
Modern smartphones can use clever algorithims to artificaly lighten
subject.

They dont artificially lighten the subject, they combine multiple
images, much closer to a long exposure but without the smearing.

But it only works on stationary objects

Thats wrong.

otherwise there will be smearing

Thats wrong too.

unless the moving objects such as a thief are ignored,

And so is that.

Didnt you watch that link that compared the 3 latest top
of the range smartphones ?

Smartphones use all sorts of tricks and amplifications,

What I said originally, not artificial light.

mostly HDR for such things,

That mangles the real story utterly with the latest top end smartphones.

but this is all software driven by the phones I doubt
you can install the software needed for the iphone
or google pixel on to a CCTV camera.

So you use the smartphone as the cctv camera, stupid.

Sure tape the phone to a pole in the
ground and use that as CCTV then.

Dont meed tape, there are smartphone holders/mounts
and some of them even have standard camera mount
screw sockets etc.