Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Low light CCTV?

On Wednesday, 20 November 2019 14:25:07 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 19 November 2019 22:13:15 UTC, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 10:51:49 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

How covert do you want to be?

Not at all specifically, it was more of the thought
of being able to determine colour (as our eyes
define it) at lower levels of ambientlight.

That would be a really big challenge because in order to
see light as our eyes define it, that light has to be present
in the light source illuminating the objects you wish to see.

It is tho, even when it looks very dark.

I remmeber it from physics regarding addictive and
subtractive lighting, primary and secondary colours.

But have mangled it comprehensively now.

There isnt a lot of different between gloomy conditions
and in the dark color wise,

SO why don;t the military use such a system rather than rely on image intensifiers. Why arenlt the wildlife programmes you see on TV at night in full colour ?

just a much lower level of
the colors when there isnt any IR illumination, just a
long exposure or adding multiple frames electronically.

That's who they take pictures of the deep space to show distant stars and galaxes. But there is light out there to see.