Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New electrical circuit - requesting assistance

On 11/19/19 9:33 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm planning to run a new electrical circuit out to a storage shed in my
back yard and I'd like some help with the details. I'm the homeowner and
I'll be doing most of the work myself, but I want it to be safe and up to
code.

Q: Any issues so far? I know the black and white wires need to be 8AWG, but
does the green (ground) also need to be 8AWG? Am I looking for wire labeled
THHN or is it something different? I'm buying everything at the local Home
Depot.

I'd sure ask the electrician about buying the wire from him. He
has his markup,
of course, but you won't be buying stuff to throw in the corner of your
shed to gather
dust.
I'm used to using quad 4 aluminum and larger in my world. Maybe
aluminum wire
would be a cheaper choice. You boxes would have to be rated for it,
though.