Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Bennet Andy Bennet is offline

Default Refilling pressurized CH system

As I am getting on in years and no longer fancy climbing ladders to
clean the upstairs windows, a while ago I bought one of those water fed
pole brushes and a pressurized water deionizer to do the job. I must say
that it does an absolutly brilliant job in next to no time and wished I
had invested in such a kit years ago. I use it for the downstairs
windows as well as it is so easy and fast.
But I digress...
I need to do a small amount of system pipework relocation on our
(sealed) CH system next year and the thought crossed my mind, as we live
in a very hard water area, that I could repressurize the system with
deionised water and inhibitor.
This would help to prevent scaling up and kettling noises in the boiler.
Now I know that pure water can be quite agressive in terms of corrosion
etc etc but is this a good idea or should I just forget it and top up as
normal?