Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default New electrical circuit - requesting assistance

On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 20:56:25 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 11:11:04 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 10:33:25 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
Q: Any issues with a single new 20A circuit for both lights and
receptacles?

Not that I'm aware of. Make sure it's on a GFCI. Probably best
to put a GFCI receptacle as the first point in the shed. That way if it
trips, you can reset it there.

Rethinking that, you also need a disconnect at the shed. They have
GFCI that are just that, no receptacle and I think they can be used
as the disconnect. So, you could use one of those. Or a switch,
then a GFCI receptacle.

I like the idea of a disconnect at the shed. Thanks for the suggestions.