Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default mobile home installation

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 6:23:55 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 15:10:17 -0500, micky
wrote:

Do mobile homes need special land preparation before they are put in
place, in mobile home parks?
Cement pads?
Drainage (in addition to sewer connection)?
Does buying vacant land in Texas and building a mobile home park seem
like a good investment to you?

I would suspect that starting a brand new
__permanent__ mobile home park -
ie : not a trailer park
- on a piece of un-serviced property -
would involve a ton of money ; a good lawyer
and some connections with the county government.
: community water well - supply and treatment ?
: sewage treatment ?
: electrical distribution capacity ?

No problemo. Each trailer will use one of Micky's 100 ft 16 gauge
extension cords. Or maybe put three trailers on one with a cord with
a three headed end.

: any natural gas nearby ?
: zoning changes ?
: emergency services - fire ; ambulance ; police fees ?
: roads dept. approvals for heavy traffic ?
. . etc etc etc just getting warmed up !

The local municipality should be able to answer your question
about specific mobile home building code issues.

Over the years, I've known people who lived in "trailer parks"
my Dad - in his early retirement years - by choice
- they were all lovely people - unfortunately - some of their
neighbours were not ... but that can happen in town !
John T