Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Treating woodworm

On 19/11/2019 15:59, Jimk wrote:
Andrew Wrote in message:
On 19/11/2019 09:42, Jimk wrote:
Wrote in message:
One of the many round tuits that eluded me earlier this year was to
spray woodworm killer on the joists and purlins in the sheds. A search
hasn't revealed anything authoritative about what time of year is best;
does the team think there is any point doing it during the winter?
(It needs doing because there was dust beneath some of the holes)

I spose, with relative humidity being lower in winter, that your
timbers might be more willing to soak up the delightful poisons
slightly more than in midsummer?

You can still get solvent-based treatment fluid which soaks in better
all year round.

I wasn't thinking of using any other...

VOC2010 has resulted in some preparations becoming water-based,
so much more difficult to apply.