Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Where do smart meters get their power from?

On 08/11/2019 21:51, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , "Brian Gaff (Sofa)"
writes
Having said all that though, is it not strange in this day and age
that the
first advice if tech is not working right is to turn it off then on
again.
Mark my words, it will be even worse when we all start using Quantum
computers! :-)

Quite! I have used this one before.... we were sat at the end of the
runway for a flight home from Madeira.
Nothing much happened and then the captain announced we were returning
to the apron. Back to the end of the runway and a normal take off. When
the seat belt lights went to off the captain explained there had been a
warning light on his display. Apparently turning the system off and back
on had fixed it so we took off!

We were waiting for pushback but the time came and went. Eventually we
were told not to be concerned but the lights would shortly go off for a
while as the aircraft was being rebooted!