Wpg Man

Default Straw Bales as Concrete Void Form for Garage Floor

Hi

Again - thanks for all the replies. I'm getting the distinct
impression that you guys are not too hot on this idea!

Anyway, I notice a few of the responses refer to the bales not
providing enough support. I just want to make it clear that I do not
intend for the bales to provide any support. They are simply a void
form. A cheap way to displace the concrete while it cures. I
wouldn't care if the rotted away (in fact I would prefer it). I was
even pondering some method (chemical disolving or fire) to get rid of
the junk after the concrete sets. I only see them attracting rodents
and moisture later.

Eunoia Eigensinn wrote in message ...
------SNIP
under compression will continue to compress, ultimately leading to collapse of
the vault or arch.

-----SNIP