Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Broadband for all - not political

On 18/11/2019 14:23, Clive Arthur wrote:
I'm all in favour of a government initiative to get fibre to all premises
in the UK. Given the current purely commercial setup is not expanding
fast
enough. A mate who lives in Lewis (S coast of England, and hardly miles
from 'civilisation') still hasn't got even FTC, despite very slow BB.

But the idea of making it totally free to use just pie in the sky and
silly to boot.

Just another example of the political parties trying to buy votes.

I imagine the long term aim includes losing broadcast TV.

That may be the aim of some. Others may be thinking more of the
leverage a trade union can have in a public sector monopoly that
provides a key service.

--
Robin