Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Water Bill

On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 01:31:50 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 01:12:25 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 21:46:27 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 23:00:14 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Thu, 14 Nov 2019 04:57:16 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

You do have to take into account the market had just crashed and a
good percentage of that gain was just getting back to normal. Keeping
a rally going is as hard as watching the recovery from a crash.

I guarantee you there will be a big crash if they do succeed in
removing Trump

Yeah, right. Removing trump will fire up the market assuming his
successor manages to convince the rest of the world that trump
was an abberation instead of a new normal (but we're
still screwed in the long run due to the trump tax cuts and
insane annual budget deficits).

If you get democrats with the Sanders Warren tilt to their politics
they will target corporations with excessive regulations and taxes,
remove tax incentives to invest and generally scare investors enough
to make 1929 or 2009 look like a minor correction in the market.

Canada is doing just fine and I doubt even Sanders would tax
corporations enough to make life more difficult for corporations than
it is in Canada - which is NOT terribly onerous.

The one that gets lost in the noise is Sanders/Warren and others going
after the capital gains deductions. Without them, a good part of the
reason to invest in equities goes away.
Long term deductions tend to incentivize leaving your money in an
investment for a while instead of day trading and adds some stability
to the market. .

We have Capital Gains tax in Canada - with a reasonable lifetime
exemption and Canadian investors still invest pretty aggressively in
equities. Business startups are thriving.