Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Giverin Paul Giverin is offline

Default Insulating utility room

About 25 years ago we had a small utility room built on to our kitchen.
Its only about 1.5m x 1.5m internally and two of the four walls are part
of the existing house, i.e cavity brick/block. The other two walls are
single brick exposed to the elements. All the walls are bare brick
internally. Nothing has been plastered. It has always suffered from some
condensation on the single brick walls but this year we splashed out and
replaced the original single glazed door and window with efficient
sealed units.

With the onset of colder weather, the condensation seems to have got
worse. I was thinking about tanking/insulating the inside of the single
brick walls. When you take away the window and the door, there is only 3
or 4 square meters of single brickwork. I was considering simply
attaching some insulated plasterboard (link below) to the internal
single brickwork using a grab adhesive. Will this plan work?

https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/ther...-38mm/p/383834

Thanks

--
Paul Giverin