Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Water Bill

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 7:47:07 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I look at it as "fixed" in the sense that I have no control re Social
Security and pension benefit amounts. I can't ask for a raise, get a
promotion, change "employer". And any COLAs don't begin to cover cost
increases.

Sure you can change jobs if you are physically able. Change from
retired to Wallmart. Saw a sign today at a Walmart in NC they are
starting out at $ 11 an hour.

For some of us a 40 hour week there would bring in less than SS.

After I retired I was offered 2 jobs. I could probably work part time
at another if I really wanted to. I did not need the money,so turned it
all down.

It happens, but it's certainly true that once you're into your 50s it
becomes hard to find a good, real job. Employers see some 55 year old
that was earning $150K and figure that they can hire a 30 year old
for $50K, give them raises over time, they will be happy. Even if the
55 year old takes the job for $50K, they figure they will only be there
until they find a higher paying job, won't be happy, etc, etc, etc.