Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Fixing the wiring of a phone socket

On 14/11/2019 11:33, Terry Casey wrote:
In article , graham-
says...

On 13/11/2019 21:53, JoeJoe wrote:
A friend's new puppy bit through a telephone cable, and she doesn't have
a dialling tone any more, and the house phone doesn't work. She asked me
to have a look, so am planning to drop by tomorrow to see what I can do.

Yes, but the break is so close to the socket, and the socket is
not even screwed to the wall, so why not reconnect the cable
as before?

Yes, but surely VM didn't install it like that? I know that
the contractors they use are past masters at cutting corners
but surely not that bad?

I wonder if the puppy was playing with it and just pulled it
off the cable?

Also, does this mean that there is another connector upstream
somewhere and someone has moved the master socket.

If so, the master socket should be replaced in its original
position and a new extension socket firtted in the current
location - and screwed down!

Good advice.

Plus, chances are each conductor is a solid wire which can be a s*d to
connect inline neatly and reliably without the proper tools etc.

Solid wires are intended to be clipped into place and not moved around
by people or puppies!