Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Loft insulation and gas boiler flues.

This summer I had a new gas boiler installation in an airing cupboard
near the centre of the first floor. Flue goes into the loft space and
across to a gable end. Having just been up into the loft I see that the
fitters have disturbed a lot of insulation whilst installing the flue
and not bothered to put most of it back properly.

Are there any regulations about how close to gas flue pipes loft
insulation can be?

The flue pipe is plastic so presumably gets nothing more than warm.

--
Chris B (News)