Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Water Bill

On 11/12/2019 7:36 PM, micky wrote:
I live in a small townhouse community in suburban Baltimore. We buy our
water from Baltimore.

You may have heard that Baltimore City got ransomware and they decided
not to pay. They've gotten almost all of their services back up (based
on backups I guess but I haven't been following it.

But we have not been getting our water bill. Unlike any other place I
know of, we get one bill for the whole n'hood and split it evenly in
about 100 pieces.

We've been charging $35 for water, but it's nore than that now, people
are sure, but how much, no one knows.

THE PLAN IS for the HOA to not bill the homeowners for water until we
ourselves get a bill. If we get a bill for prior months, to bill them
for that too, when we get it.

Good plan? Why and why not? What might be a better plan?

Bill a low average each billing period to avoid the complaints about a
huge bill when they finally come through?