Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Condensation problem in bathroom vent fan tube

On 12/11/2019 11:45, Tricky Dicky wrote:
One possible solution is to use insulated ducting:

https://www.i-sells.co.uk/product_in...oducts_id=2465

I believe it is mandatory on new installations under part L. The above company are quite good for having a comprehensive stock of various ducting and their helpline is particularly good at helping you get the right stuff, the bloke I spoke to was very good even though I was only spending approx. £60 with them. Alternatively if your duct is running along the top of the joists just feed your existing insulation over the top of it. I am not sure if it will entirely solve the condensation issue but will surely limit it.

NHBC require it when in a loft (as did the 1980's Dr Who props
department to make aliens)

The 4" stuff (as you later pointed out) is a bit cheaper-

--
Adam