Jason

Default Stove problem....melted pan..

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 03:01:05 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"jeff" wrote in message
. com...
Jason wrote in message

Hi,

Not sure what to do here. But had a pan on the stove this afternoon,
turned on the burner, noticed a weird smell lifted up the pan and
melted metal(liquid metal)from the bottom of the pan fell off and on
to the top of my stove.

It was so hot that it burnt though the finish
on the top of the stove(paint or whatever they use).

The finish is ofen a porcelain finish.

...and you can buy porcelain repair stuff, usually in a tube. Good luck
matching colors, but white is usually successful. I've bought the stuff in
hardware stores. Not big home improvement stores, but real hardware stores.
Appliance parts places also sell it.

Thanks I will look for the porcelain finish. It is white and a brand
new stove...(roughly 8 months old).